||Learning Targets for Literacy: Fiction and Poetry (Key Stage 2 Years 5 & 6)
||Suitable for ages 9 - 11.
A groundbreaking new, photocopiable series. Each title contains clear, structured lesson plans with an emphasis on direct teaching. Ideal for whole class, group and individual work, Learning Targets are designed to help teachers plan and deliver high quality lessons with very clear objectives.
This book is a resource for teaching the Literacy Hour. It covers the key requirements for text level work (comprehension & composition) for fiction and poetry. It provides:
* sections of structured lesson plans on all the main genres (narrative, poetry and plays).
* 71 linked copymasters, including copiable extracts from books and poems.
* on-going and end-of-section assessments.
* homework suggestions.
The complete Learning Targets series includes:
* Spelling - word level knowledge.
* Grammar and Punctuation - sentence level knowledge.
* Reading & Writing - text level knowledge.
* Fiction & Poetry - text level knowledge.
* Non-fiction - text level knowledge.